A number of people who wanted to change their eating habits and start eating healthy diet decided to eat tofu instead of eggs and meat. According to soy industry, this is this is the healthier option.
However, tofu is far from healthy and it is much better for you to consume organic eggs, raw-dairy industry products, and grass-fed meat.
Dr. Daniel clams that food processors in the West separate the soybeans into protein and oil and this is certainly not healthy nor safe. These methods include high temperature, high pressure, petroleum solvents, and alkali and acid baths which leave toxic and carcinogenic residues.
High soy diet can cause the following health issues:
- Reproductive disorders;
- Brain damage;
- Soy allergies;
- Thyroid issues including lethargy, weight gain, hair loss, fatigue, malaise, and loss of libido;
- Premature puberty and development issues in adolescents, children, and babies;
- Raises homocysteine levels;
- Increases the risk of heart diseases, stroke and birth defects.
Dr. Daniel together with other expert signed a petition which was sent to the FDA and which consisted of 65 pages. They asked FDA to retract the claim soy prevents heart disease that was approved back in 1999.
It is very important for you to know that babies and children are most vulnerable to the mimicking effects of soy`s hormone which means that the daily exposure to estrogen-imitating chemicals for children that consume soy formulas has been 6-11 times higher than adults who consumed soy foods and the concentration of hormones in the blood has been 13,000-22,000 times higher than estrogen in the blood. This equals to 5 birth control pills a day. Therefore, you should give your kids only natural foods. Pregnant women should also avoid soy products.
This is why soy beans should be avoided
- Soy beans are loaded with anti-nutrients( natural toxins) such as inhibitors that obstruct the secretion of enzymes needed for protein digestion and are not disabled through ordinary cooking. This can lead to extensive gastric disease and chronic deficiencies in amino acid intake, causing serious pancreatic damage and even cancer.
- Most of the soybeans are GMO and are loaded with pesticides.
- Soy also contains goitrogens which can lead to decreased thyroid function.
- Soy beans contain hemaglutinins which can lead to blood-clotting.
- They contain phytates that obstruct the absorption of minerals such as calcium, zinc, iron and magnesium.
There is a safe way to consume them
- Natto- they have a sticky texture and cheese-like flavor. They contain high levels of nattokinase (blood thinner), vitamin K2 and beneficial bacteria called bacillus subitilis.
- Tempeh- it has a firm texture and nutty, mushroom-like flavor.
- Miso- this paste has salty, buttery texture which is most commonly used in miso soup.
- Soy sauce- there are numerous varieties which are made of artificial chemical products, although the sauce is made by fermenting enzymes, salt and soybeans.
You should avoid all the foods that contain soy ingredients, including soy milk, soy burgers, soy cheese, soy energy bars, soy ice cream, and soy protein powders. Consume unprocessed, fermented, and whole foods, and avoid processed foods.